PARKS & RECREATION
Strong Park is comprised of two acres on the Cathlamet waterfront adjacent to the Wahkiakum County Museum. The park contains an antique locomotive once used for railroad logging in the area, a colorful mural depicting historical events, picnic tables and benches, and a Master Gardeners "Butterfly Garden". There is a lighted waterfront trail with a wonderful view of the Columbia River leading from the park to the Elochoman Slough Marina. The trail crosses over Birnie Creek and the Cathlamet FFA fish-rearing project.
Located at the top of Columbia Street in Cathlamet, this 10 acre park was purchased from Ed Erickson in 1947. With assistance from state and federal grants, and many volunteer hours, the town has redeveloped the park into a facility that is used by many people. It includes restrooms, a covered picnic area, a tennis court, basketball hoops, horseshoe pits, playground equipment and nature paths. A skateboard park built by volunteers is expected to be completed in the near future to provide another source of recreation for local youth. A community garden was developed in 2010 in partnership with Wahkiakum County Health and Human Services to provide an area for residents to grow their own vegetables.
BUTLER ST. PARK